This position is ideal for a creative and highly organized professional who has outstanding design and project management skills.
Our ideal candidate is a thoughtful, detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
The candidate must be a team player with a flexible attitude. Responsible for all aspects of the design process, the successful candidate
must demonstrate the ability to collaborate, produce innovative design solutions and manage multiple projects through to completion.
Integrity, professionalism and excellent communications skills are essential.
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• 3 -5 years decorating or design experience for a small to medium-sized firm
• Refined and sophisticated design sensibility
• Strong familiarity with luxury product vendors
• Excellent knowledge of high-end design detailing and materials
• Creative and knowledgable experience designing various aspects of kitchens, bathrooms, living
spaces, window treatments, built-in furniture and custom furniture
• Understanding of construction practices and ability to recognize job site deficiencies
• Experience working with trades on construction sites and knowledge of the renovation
process and requirements
• Ability to create detailed working drawings and FF&E schedules
• Excellent hand sketching and rendering skills
• Established relationships with Toronto-area vendors and workrooms
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Professional, friendly, and polished verbal and written communication
• Exceptional organization
• Ability to think about the big picture while maintaining masterful attention to detail
• Undergraduate degree or post-secondary education in decorating, design or a related field
• Excellent computer skills in a Mac environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of Studio Webware, Sketch-Up a plus
• Must live local to Toronto and have reliable personal transportation
• Must be highly motivated, mature and driven to excel
The Intermediate Designer will be responsible for assisting our team with all aspects of design and project management. Duties include:
• Assisting on all site measures and attending kick-off meetings with clients
• Working with the design team on all aspects of design development and project execution, including drawings, research, sourcing,
pricing, budgeting, presentations, specifications, documentation, installations and styling
• Working with vendors on all aspects of quoting, specifying, and sample acquisition
• Creating clear working drawings and construction packages
• Overseeing job sites and collaborating with trades
• Liaising with clients, trades and vendors
• Managing schedules and budgets
Qualified candidates please e-mail your portfolio, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.