We are looking for someone driven and creative who wants to be part of a collaborative team working at the top of their game.
Our ideal candidate will have a refined and sophisticated design sensibility and a proven background in both the conceptual and technical sides of luxury residential design.
If you know AutoCAD inside and out, have an extraordinary ability to focus on detail, can produce construction drawings in your sleep, know your way around a job site,
know where to source the latest and greatest, and know how to pull it all together in a stunningly brilliant and unexpected way then this position might be the one for you!
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• Minimum 7 years of luxury residential interior design experience
• Degree or diploma from an accredited design school
• Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and superior drafting skills
• Excellent knowledge of high-end design detailing and materials
• Understanding of construction practices and ability to recognize job site deficiencies
• Strong familiarity with luxury product vendors
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Professional, friendly, and polished verbal and written communication
• Ability to take initiative and work quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Ability to think about the big picture while maintaining masterful attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills in a Mac environment
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) Microsoft Office,
SketchUp and various internet-based applications
• Knowledge of Studio Webware a plus
• Excellent hand drawing and rendering skills
• Professional, elegant and polished personal presence
• Must live local to Toronto and have reliable personal transportation
• Must be highly motivated, mature and driven to excel
• Undertake all aspects of design concept development, including creative briefs, drawings,
sourcing, pricing, budgets and presentation
• Design custom furniture, fixtures and millwork
• Produce working drawing packages, including As Built, Demo, Partition, Millwork, Reflected Ceiling, Power and Electrical,
Plumbing and Finishes plans, as well as elevations, cross sections, interior detailing and perspective drawings as required
• Create FF&E schedules
• Create and maintain project budgets & schedules
• Lead client meetings and presentations
• Oversee execution of design, ensure accuracy of all design details
• Coordinate and manage vendors, trades and service providers
• Liaise with clients and vendors in a professional, friendly and enthusiastic manner
Qualified candidates please e-mail your portfolio, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.